Fund the Future
What if there was a place in the heart of Harlem where kids could get in shape, boost their self esteem, improve their grades, and have fun doing it?
What if an organization existed that brought together adults of different nationalities, races and religions in activities that promote mutual respect, physical fitness, perseverance and teamwork?
What if these two places were one?
Founded by a world class taekwondo champion, One World Taekwondo Foundation promotes strength and agility—both physical and mental—self confidence and respect for others through its martial arts school, Harlem Tae Kwon Do. The student body includes men, women and children representing a diversity of races, religions, national origins and income levels. The school’s mission fosters the mind as well as the body:
- Children’s report cards are reviewed on a quarterly basis
- Good academic standing is a prerequisite for taking class
- A computer lab is available for after school study
- Stretching and aerobic exercise is a component of every class
- Self defense classes boost self confidence
- Early and late night classes accommodate a range of work schedules
Your contribution supports programs which advance the ideals that individual advancement enriches everyone, that a plurality of perspectives is cause for celebration and that mutual respect and cooperation are imperative if we are to move forward peacefully together in this one world.
One World Taekwondo Foundation: fund the future.
View our Presentation here